Word has gotten around that a simple way to support healthy weight management is to find ways to support satiety, i.e., feeling of fullness. A lot of the hype is focused on injectable drugs like Ozempic, which use a synthetic version of GLP-1, a hormone that helps support normal, healthy blood sugar levels. Satiety support and weight loss are some of the outcomes of using this drug.
It’s important to remember, however, that our bodies naturally produce GLP-1 on their own (no injections required). There are several ways we can support the body’s natural production of GLP-1, including well-known practices like regular exercise, dietary fiber consumption, and, more recently studied, drinking a yerba mate drink like Unimate.
History of yerba mate
Unimate is formulated with a high-quality yerba mate extract. Yerba mate is an herb that’s been used for centuries and that has important cultural significance in South America. Today, its popularity continues to grow worldwide because of its many benefits. Naturally rich in antioxidants, yerba mate can promote mental clarity, endurance, an improved mood, and appetite control.
Unimate and satiety
Yerba mate drinks are widely available these days, but Unimate’s formula is anything but common. Unimate’s yerba mate leaves undergo a proprietary five-step process to enhance the most beneficial compounds from the plant to produce an ultra-concentrated extract—with 10 times the chlorogenic acids you’ll find in a premium cup of coffee and up to 20 times more chlorogenic acids than other commercial available yerba mate drinks. Chlorogenic acids in yerba mate can increase GLP-1 in the body, which helps support satiety.
Unimate also contains other naturally occurring phytocompounds such as caffeine, antioxidants, and theobromine. These compounds are still under investigation for their effects on satiety and GLP-1.
How often should you drink Unimate?
Because Unimate has so many benefits, we encourage you to drink it often—there’s no need to limit yourself to just one a day! If you’re looking for satiety support, we recommend drinking it first thing in the morning, again around lunchtime, and any time in the afternoon you need a pick-me-up. Since Unimate contains caffeine, it’s best to avoid drinking it close to bedtime if you are sensitive to caffeine, but you can enjoy it throughout the day to help you feel full for longer, as well as get the mental boost you need to stay focused from one task to the next.
Other natural ways to support satiety
In addition to drinking Unimate, you can try these other tips to help keep you satiated throughout the day:
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods.
- Drink Unicity Balance, a pre-meal fiber supplement, with your meals.
- Eat protein throughout the day, especially lean protein like chicken, turkey, dairy products, and legumes. A meal-replacement drink like Complete is a good way to get protein, too.
- Don’t skimp on the healthy fats! Healthy fats found in foods like avocados, nuts, and olive oil are more satisfying than unhealthy fats and will keep you full for longer.
- Avoid ultra-processed foods. Most desserts, sugary cereals, frozen foods, fast foods, soda, and a host of other quick, ready-to-eat foods are high in simple carbs and low in fiber, meaning they’ll be quickly digested—leaving you hungry just a few hours later.
The Unimate way
If you want to spend less time feeling hungry or are looking for something to help you avoid snacking between meals, Unimate can be a helpful aid. Visit ufeelgreat.com today to learn more.